A missed connection may occur when you book a trip with at least one stop-over. It may be that the first flight has a slight delay, which means that you cannot arrive in time for the second flight. Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004 provides for compensation under certain conditions.
- How much am I entitled to?
- What are the conditions for receiving compensation?
- What is the time period for filing a complaint?
- Why should I call on Air Connexion?
If your flight is delayed, you can claim up to €600 compensation per person.
The amount of compensation varies depending on the distance of the journey.
You are entitled to a compensation of:
- €250 for all flights whose distance is less than 1,500 km
- €400 for all intra-community flights over 1,500 km
- €400 for all non intra-Community flights whose distance is between 1,500 km and 3,500 km
- €600 for all flights over 3,500 km.
- It must be a single reservation (both flights must be operated by the same airline).
- You arrive at your final destination more than 3 hours late.
- The airline is liable for the missed connection (in case of force majeure, the airline is not liable).
The time limit varies from country to country. For example, in France, the time limit for taking action is 5 years. In Belgium, on the other hand, the time limit for taking action is only 1 year.
Unlike a lawyer who charges for services on an hourly basis, Air Connexion is paid only in the event of success (25% commission + VAT).There is no additional charge (handling charges are entirely free and the legal costs are borne by Air Connexion).
In addition, Air Connexion has its own legal department, and will take your case to court in case of non-payment of your compensation.